Research Participation Opportunity for College Students and Their Parents
- Our study seeks to investigate the ways in which UNCG college students and their parents communicate via technology so that we may observe the types of communication that are most beneficial to students’ well-being.
- In order to participate in this study, students MUST have at least one parent also consent to participate.
- Parent participants will each receive a $20 gift card, and student participants will receive 3 SONA research credits or (if they are not registered for an eligible Psychology Course that requires SONA research credits) a $30 gift card.
- Student participants will complete an online survey that will ask questions on the ways parents and children communicate as well as their technology use, mental health and risk-taking behaviors, and identities. This survey takes about 60-90 minutes. Parent participants will complete a similar survey remotely, either over the internet or over the phone. This survey takes about 30-45 minutes.
- Students- If you want to participate, please send us an email (at IRL@uncg.edu) with the name, emails, and phone numbers for AT LEAST 1, but up to 2 of your parents/caregivers. We will contact them to invite them to participate. If they say yes, then we will contact you and you can complete your own survey! Unfortunately, you are only able to participate if at least 1 of your parents/caregivers also agrees to participate.